Peru and Colombia face-off to battle for the third spot at this edition of the Copa America, a game purely meant to restore pride than anything else.
The difference in prize money for the two semi-final losers is a million US dollars with the third-placed outfit earning 8m to the losers 7m take-home pay.
Futaa’s best tip: Colombia to Win
- Peru beat Colombia 2-1 last month, but Los Cafeteros were the better side.
- Colombia have won four of the last seven head-to-head meetings with Peru (Drawn 2, lost 1)
- Peru have failed to score in five of the last seven meetings between the two.
- Peru have lost twice in this Copa America edition, both times to Brazil.
- Peru also played Colombia in the group stages, winning 2-1.
- Colombia managed only one win in normal time in the entire tournament.
- Colombia have played in two penalty shootouts in the tournament, winning one.
Colombia (4-4-2): Ospina; Munoz, Mina, Sanchez, Tesillo; Cuadrado, Barrios, Cuellar, Diaz; Zapata, Borja
Peru (4-2-3-1): Gallese; Corzo, Ramos, Callens, Trauco; Tapia, Yotun; Carrillo, Pena, Cueva; Lapadula
Player to Watch: Juan Cuadrado
The Juventus winger was likely dissatisfied with the result of the previous match and will be hoping to have a bigger impression against Peru. Given his reputation, Cuadrado would have preferred a fantastic campaign, but Colombia paid a high price for the loss of important players prior to the competition.
However, the former Chelsea star can show his country that he still has a lot to offer, and a successful performance against Peru will go a long way toward preserving his national team’s reputation after a disappointing campaign.
Follow this match live on Futaa!