Friday’s information was dominated by Thursday’s transfer by Georgia Republicans to do every thing they will to suppress the vote sufficient to win. And, since SB 202 particularly targets Black voters, this must be considered an intentional restoration of Jim Crow for the needs of voting a minimum of. Persevering with our years of protection of voting rights points, Each day Kos coated this story all through the day:
- Black legislator arrested for making an attempt to show Georgia Republicans celebrating their racist legislation.
- Biden blasts Republicans’ voter suppression, whereas Manchin provides credence to their Huge Lie.
- The optics of the Georgia voter suppression invoice signing are even worse than they first appeared.
- Watch Stacey Abrams put the lengthy, lengthy combat for voting entry in context in lower than two minutes.
In different information:
- Unusually massive deluge of payments aimed toward limiting abortion entry launched in 44 states.
- Zuckerberg squirms out of acknowledging Fb’s central position within the Capitol rebel.
- On Trump’s watch, COVID-19 agriculture aid was primarily for white farmers solely.
- Biden admin requires federal volunteers to assist get asylum-seeking youngsters out of U.S. custody.
From the neighborhood:
- MI GOP Chair calls Whitmer, Nessel, Benson “Three Witches,” talks about assassinating officers.
- Black Kos, Week In Assessment – African origins of Caribbean music, Reggae, Calypso, Compas, and Zouk.