It is Thursday! We are going into a historic weekend, commemorating the day when the news of slavery’s end finally came to Texas. It is a reminder that Texas lost the war, and for all of their pretend independence, they were Civil War losers who have always needed the United States’ support in order to exist with any autonomy.
Here are some stories you may have missed today!
- Republican congressman ran ‘like a coward’ after refusing to shake Officer Fanone’s hand
- Even Ohio Republicans knew they had to get rid of one of their own after federal indictments drop
- Schumer sets up vote on elections reform with Manchin’s changes, McConnell announces filibuster
- Drought is impacting every aspect of life in the Western United States, and it’s going to get worse
- ’You should pay for your food’: Karen inserts herself in the wrong Black woman’s business
- Prosecutors argue Michael Avenatti deserves ‘very substantial’ prison sentence in extortion case
- Betsy Devos left behind policies that damage children. It needs to change.
- Schumer, Sanders eye $6 trillion infrastructure plan, bipartisan group plans public asset fire sale
- Black LGBTQ people are more likely to live in states that don’t protect against discrimination
And from the community:
- THE TWELVE YEAR WAR IS OVER.
- Even Fox’s “Real” “Legitimate” “Journalist” Brett Baier’s “News” Show Is Full Of Climate Denial
- CT-Gov: Gov. Ned Lamont (D) Is About To Make Good On His Campaign Promise To Legalize Marijuana