On Sunday, Brazil and Argentina will compete for the Copa America trophy in Rio de Janeiro.
The teams have nine and 14 Copa America championships between them, with Brazil aiming to retain the trophy they won last year, and Futaa has compiled all of the latest squad news for both nations ahead of the final.
Out: Gabriel Jesus (suspension)
Futaa’s predicted XI: Ederson; Danilo, Silva, Marquinhos, Sandro; Casemiro, Fred; Richarlison, Paqueta, Everton; Neymar
Futaa’s predicted XI: E Martinez; Molina, Pezzella, Otamendi, Tagliafico; De Paul, Paredes, Lo Celso; Messi, L Martinez, Gomez
- Lionel Messi has been arguably the best player in Copa America 2021 so far, securing four man-of-the-match awards in six of Argentina’s matches.
- Argentina are currently experiencing a 28-year trophy drought, with their last major title being the 1993 Copa America in Ecuador.
- La Albiceleste also slightly lag behind Brazil in terms of head-to-head record, securing 39 victories compared to the Selecao‘s 44 in a total of 105 matches.
- With five goals, Messi could become the second-highest all-time goalscorer in this Latin American Superclassico if he can score in the final this weekend, moving just two short of Pele’s record eight goals.
- These two sides last met in a friendly back in November 2019, with Messi scoring in a narrow 1-0 win for Argentina.
Take a look at this game’s betting tip here.
Follow this match live!