It’s been five years since Pep Guardiola was unveiled at Manchester City.
Half a decade on and he is the club’s most successful manager ever, claiming three Premier League titles, one FA Cup, and four successive Carabao Cup crowns.
The Spaniard is known for building his teams into feared machines, playing some attractive, high-energy football.
City, in particular, have been unplayable at times during that period, smashing records left, right and centre.
Here are some of the key numbers from the former midfielder’s time at City.
#️⃣ Pep Guardiola’s numbers in total
- 294 – Number of games played
- 219 – Number of wins, averaging out at an astonishing 74.5% of his total wins. In short, across his entire five-year reign, Pep has won three of every four matches in all competitions.
- 714 – Total goals scored, which averages out at an impressive 2.43 goals per game.
- 132 – Total clean sheets.
- +474 – City’s total goal difference under Pep Guardiola, with 714 goals scored and just 240 conceded.
🤾♂️ The Players
- 245 – Appearances made by Raheem Sterling under Pep Guardiola, the most of any City player since he took charge.
- 124 – The number of goals scored by Sergio Aguero under Pep’s watchful eye, the most of any City player since the 2016/17 season.
- 91 – Kevin De Bruyne’s total assists under the City manager, more than any other player during his reign.
- 66 – Appearances as captain made by David Silva under Pep Guardiola, the most by a City skipper under his tutelage.
- 72 – Gabriel Jesus has made the most substitute appearances for City with Pep Guardiola at the helm.
🦁 Premier League Numbers
- 190 – The number of games played in the Premier League.
- 140 – Premier League wins during Guardiola’s reign, the best winning record in the Premier League since his maiden season at the helm in 2016/17.
- 466 – City also boasts the best goalscoring record in the Premier League across that timespan, averaging out at just under 2.5 per game.
- 86 – At the other end, City also lead the way in clean sheets across the Premier League’s past five seasons.
- +310 – City’s goal difference in the Premier League with Guardiola in charge, the best of any side in England’s top flight.
- 443 – The total number of points won during the Catalan’s tenure, once again the highest in the Premier League since the 2016/17 season.
🎲 The opponents
- 14 – The number of times City have faced Manchester United, Chelsea, and Arsenal. The three English heavyweights have been City’s most regular opponents under Guardiola’s leadership.
- 28/30 – City’s points record against Burnley, Arsenal, and West Ham respectively. Guardiola has won nine and drawn one of his ten Premier League matches against the trio, their best record against an opponent.
- 16 – The number of teams who have never beaten Guardiola in the Premier League.
- 100% – City have won every single Premier League match against nine different opponents in Guardiola’s five years. Of those nine, their record is most impressive against Watford and Bournemouth, where they have won all eight of their clashes.