It is astonishing to suppose that in 1997, Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima’s €26.5m transfer from Barcelona to Inter was the biggest price any membership had ever parted with for a footballer.
The strikes regularly stored on getting greater when R9’s compatriot Denílson broke the €30m barrier, switching São Paulo for Actual Betis in 1998.
♻️ World document transfers
- 🇧🇷 Neymar – Barcelona ✈️ PSG
- 🇫🇷 Paul Pogba – Juventus ✈️ Man Utd
- 🏴 Gareth Bale – Spurs ✈️ Actual Madrid
- 🇵🇹 Cristiano – Man Utd ✈️ Actual Madrid
- 🇫🇷 Zinedine Zidane – Juventus ✈️ Actual Madrid
- 🇵🇹 Luís Figo – Barcelona ✈️ Actual Madrid
- 🇦🇷 Hernán Crespo – Parma ✈️ Lazio
- 🇮🇹 Christian Vieri – Lazio ✈️ Inter
- 🇧🇷 Denílson – São Paulo ✈️ Actual Betis
- 🇧🇷 Ronaldo – Barcelona ✈️ Inter
Since Neymar’s transfer to Paris in 2017, there was a litany of high-profile transfers with Kylian Mbappé, João Félix, Philippe Coutinho, Antoine Griezmann and Ousmane Dembélé all comfortably clearing the €100m mark. Nevertheless, none of them come near the worth PSG paid for the Brazilian 4 years in the past.
Cash has gone exponentially extra mad because the years have handed. Nevertheless, with the Covid pandemic putting growing pressure on membership funds across the globe, it appears extremely unlikely that we’ll see that magical determine eclipsed any time within the foreseeable future.